The activities of sea side establishments are authorized from May 29, 2020. This restart will affect 40 kilometers of coastline between Ostia, Fiumicino, Fregene, Maccarese and Passoscuro.
Since May 18, the beaches of the Roman coast have been reopened for walks, nautical activities such as surfing, kite surfing, canoeing, solo sailing and even swimming as well as motor sports.
Of course everything will be under the control of the police, the local police and the coast guard, for walks and nautical activities.
But how is all this going to happen?
The information below is based on the document Official Bulletin of the Lazio region, Dated 19/05/2020, Number 65, Supplement no. 4 that you can download below (Italian)
These indications apply to seaside establishments, equipped beaches and free beaches.
- Prepare adequate information on preventive measures, understandable also for customers of other nationalities. In this regard, it is encouraged to accompany the beach umbrella by trained staff (beach steward) who will present customers with the preventive measures to be observed.
- It is necessary to provide customers and staff with disinfection products in several places on the beach
- Privilege access to beaches with an online booking platform and keep the attendance list for a period of 30 days, in accordance with privacy legislation.
- Body temperature can be detected, preventing access at temperatures above 37.5 ° C.
- Managers and staff cannot start their shift if the body temperature is above 37.5 ° C.
- The cash desk workstation can be equipped with physical barriers (eg screens); Alternatively, staff should wear a mask and have hand sanitizer available. In all cases, prefer electronic payment methods, possibly during the online booking phase.
- Rearrange the spaces, in order to guarantee orderly access to the establishment, and to avoid the gathering of people and to ensure that at least 1 meter of separation is maintained between the users, with the exception of people who, according to the provisions in force, are not subject to interpersonal distancing; this latter aspect is the responsibility of the individual. If possible, organize separate routes for entry and exit.
- Ensure a spacing between the beach umbrellas (or other shading systems) in order to guarantee a surface of at least 10 m2 for each beach umbreall, whatever the configuration of the beach (for horizontal or diamond rows).
- Between the beach equipment (sunbed, deckchairs), when they are not positioned in a beach umbrella area (10 m²), a distance of at least 1.5 m must be guaranteed between them. With the exception of those used by people who, according to the provisions in force, are not subject to interpersonal distancing.
- Regular and frequent cleaning and disinfection of common areas, changing rooms, cabins, showers, toilets, etc.
- It is forbidden to use sun beds or deckchairs in the absence of a slipcover.
- Equipment such as deckchairs, deckchairs, parasols, etc. they must be disinfected each time a person or family changes. In all cases, sanitation must be guaranteed at the end of the day.
- With regard to the use of children’s play areas, please refer to the information in Annex 8 to the Prime Minister’s Decree of 17 May 2020 (Guidelines for the safe management of organized social and fun opportunities for children and adolescents in phase 2 of emergency covid-19).
- Regarding free beaches, the importance of information and individual empowerment of people in adopting behaviors that respect preventive measures is reaffirmed. In order to ensure compliance with the safety distance of at least 1 meter between people and the cleaning and disinfection of any services present, the presence of a surveillance agent is recommended. Even the positioning of the beach umbrella must comply with the above indications.
- The practice of group recreational and sports activities which may give rise to gatherings is prohibited.
- The individual sports which usually take place on the beach (for example snowshoes) or in the water (for example swimming, surfing, windsurfing, kitesurfing) can be practiced regularly, in accordance with the measures of interpersonal distancing. Otherwise, for team sports (eg beach volleyball, beach soccer), it will be necessary to respect the provisions of the competent institutions.
- For catering and bar activities, managers must comply with the guidelines provided for the specific sector. It is suggested to facilitate the beach umbreall delivery service, in compliance with the safety and prevention rules provided.