The swimming pools facilities are authorized to resume activity from May 18, 2020 in the Lazio region.
The following information is based on the Lazio Region Official Bulletin document, dated 19/05/2020, Issue 65, Supplement no. 4 that you can download below (Italian)
These indications apply to public swimming pools, swimming pools aimed at water games and for collective use inserted in structures already used primarily for other accommodation activities (e.g. hotels, farm holidays, camping, etc.). Swimming pools with special uses for treatment, rehabilitation and spa, and those powered by sea water are excluded.
- Provide adequate information on prevention measures. Attendants must strictly comply with the instructions given by the instructors and assistants. The management will have to provide for appropriate signs, by encouraging the dissemination of messages through monitors and / or maxi-screens, to facilitate the management of flows and awareness of behavior, by means of adequate signs.
- Body temperature may be detected, preventing access in the event of temperatures above 37.5 ° C.
- Managers and workers cannot start the shift if the body temperature is above 37.5 ° C.
- No public access or use of the stands. Prohibition of demonstrations, events, parties and entertainment. unjoin
- Draw up a program of activities as planned as possible to dissuade any conditions of aggregations and to regulate the flows of waiting areas and in the various areas to encourage compliance with the social distance of at least 1 meter, with the exception of people who according to current provisions are not subject to interpersonal distancing; this last aspect pertains to individual responsibility. If possible, provide divided routes for entry and exit. unjoin
- Prioritize access to the facilities by booking and keep the attendance list for a period of 30 days, in compliance with privacy legislation.
- Organize the spaces and activities in the changing rooms and showers so as to ensure the distances of at least 1 meter (for example, provide alternate or separate use posts separated by special barriers).
- All clothing and personal items must be stored inside the personal bag, even if stored in the appropriate lockers; it is recommended not to allow promiscuous use of the lockers and to make bags available for storing personal belongings.
- Provide the system / structure with dispensers with hydroalcoholic solutions for the hand hygiene of the visitors / customers / guests in clearly visible points at the entrance, providing for the obligation to rub the hands already at the entrance. Also provide dispensers in areas of frequent transit, in the solarium area or in strategic areas in order to encourage hand hygiene by the goers.
- The crowding density in the solarium and green areas is calculated with an index of not less than 7 m2 of walking surface per person. The crowding density in the swimming pool is calculated with an index of 7 m2 of water surface per person. The manager is therefore required, based on the areas available, to calculate and manage the attendance of visitors to the system.
- Regulate the arrangement of the equipment (deck chairs, sunbed) through dedicated paths so as to guarantee the social distancing of at least 1.5 m between people not belonging to the same family or cohabitants.
- In order to ensure a level of protection from infection, ensure the effectiveness of the water treatment chain and the limit of the free active chlorine parameter in the tank between 1.0 – 1.5 mg / l; combined chlorine ≤ 0.40 mg / l; pH 6.5 – 7.5. It should be noted that these limits must be strictly ensured in the presence of bathers. The frequency of on-the-spot checks of the above parameters is not less than two hours. All corrective measures must be taken promptly in case of non-compliance, as well as in approaching the value at the table limit.
- Before the opening of the swimming pool, the suitability of the water for bathing must be confirmed following the chemical and microbiological analysis of the parameters referred to in table A of annex 1 to the State and Regions Agreement. 16.01.2003, carried out by a specific laboratory. Laboratory analyzes must be repeated throughout the opening of the swimming pool to the public on a monthly basis, except for needs that arise, also following events that have occurred in the swimming pool, which may involve a closer frequency.
- Remember the usual rules of hygienic safety in swimming pool water: before entering the bath water, provide an accurate soapy shower over the whole body; the use of a swimming cap is mandatory; it is forbidden to spit, blow your nose, urinate in water; very young children to wear containment diapers.
- Regular and frequent cleaning and disinfection of common areas, changing rooms, cabins, showers, toilets, cabins, equipment (deckchairs, chairs, beds, including floating equipment, boats etc.).
- Equipment such as sunbeds, deck chairs, umbrellas etc. they must be disinfected at every change of person or family. Otherwise, sanitation must be guaranteed at the end of the day. Avoid the promiscuous use of objects and linen: the user will have to access the swimming pool equipped with everything necessary.
- The pools aimed for water games are converted into bathing pools by the need to combat the spread of the virus, . If the operator is able to meet the requirements in the terms and methods of this document, paying attention to the social distancing, the crowding indicator in the tank, the limits of the parameters in the water, torrent pools, toboggans, soft slides are allowed .
- For swimming pools for collective use present in structures already used primarily for other accommodation activities (e.g. hotel, agritourism, camping, etc.) the provisions of this document apply, suitably screened and modulated in relation to the context, the type of pools , customer flow, other activities etc.
- Parents / carers are recommended to take care to supervise children for compliance with the distance and the hygiene-behavioral rules compatibly with their degree of autonomy and their age.
- The swimming pool that do not allow compliance with the above indications for ineffectiveness of the treatments (e.g., inflatable pools), maintenance of the free active chlorine disinfectant, or distances must be prohibited from use. Therefore we recommend particular rigorous monitoring of children’s pools.
- All measures must be integrated into the self-control document in a special additional attachment dedicated to contrasting SARS-CoV-2 infection